2018 spring and summer holiday clubs in Wendover Woods.
Monday 9th, Tuesday 10th & Wednesday 11th April
We’ll be learning to take things slow, looking for spring plants that can be useful to the bushcrafter and doing some barkwork and greenwood carving.
May half term
Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th May
It’ll be time to go primal and learn how our Stone Age ancestors did more than just survive, they spent time making beautiful objects too. We’ll make a bullroarer from wood and learn how to oil and stain it so it doesn’t split.
Monday 13th to Friday 17th August
We’re going to focus on collaboratively making different types of shelters, and making them well plus learning to find our way around the woods using map and compass, and other ways.
- Timings are from 10.00am to 3.00pm.
- Cost is £25 per child per day.
- The drop-off and pick-up point for all these days is at the overflow car park near the free barbecue area.
- Children should be provided with a packed lunch and water bottle
- Children should be provided with wet and warm weather gear and should be able to apply their own sun screen because we will continue, even in the rain and cold!